Description of Organization and Service Provided
Big Brothers Big Sisters has been matching mentors with children for more than 35 years in Johnson County. Our volunteers meet with children at school or in the community for activities and friendship. We match adults with children who will benefit from the attention of a caring adult friend. We work to introduce each volunteer to a child with whom they can form a lasting, positive connection. Volunteers and families are enrolled by trained professionals, and relationships receive ongoing support from professional staff.Eligibility
Cost of Service
- Plan to be a long-term resident of the area
- Commitment to regular contact with a child and program staff
- Can provide own transportation
- Free of criminal convictions for at least one year
- No upper age limit
Methods of payments accepted
- Initial $20 fee for a background check if the potential volunteer can afford it.
- Free or low-cost activities with kids. $0-10/week
-Reduced Rate Accepted?
-Accepted Insurance Types
-Certifications / Credentials
-This page was last updated by the provider on 4/13/2015