Description of Organization and Service Provided
Pathways Adult Day Health Center provides cognitively and physically stimulating programming, assistance with personal cares, and nursing services for adults with physical and/or psychological challenges. Our program provides opportunities for socialization for the participant as well as providing respite for caregivers.
The Caregiver Support Group is co-facilitated by Iowa City Hospice and Pathways Adult Day Health Center. The support group offers emotional and educational support in a nonjudgmental atmosphere. It is for anyone caring for a loved one at home or elsewhere. There is no charge to participate in the group. The group meets the first and third Wednesday of each month from 1-2:30 pm at Johnson County Extension Office, 3109 Old Highway 218 South, Iowa City, IA 52246. It is co-facilitated by Jeff Kellbach, Director, Pathways Adult Day Health Center (319-339-6162, firstname.lastname@example.org
), and Steve Siglin, Social Worker, Iowa City Hospice (319-351-5665, steve.siglin@IowaCityHospice.org
Pathways Adult Day Health Center is not appropriate for adults age 18 and over who:Cost of Service
1. Are in an infectious stage of communicable disease. They shall be admitted only with a physician's statement that the disease is in a non-contagious stage, guidance for the health department and/or licensing authority.
2. Are non-weight bearing, bedfast, or routinely require a three person transfer with standing, transferring, or evacuation.
3. Are unmanageably incontinent.
4. Are in an active state of substance abuse.
5. Have emotional or behavioral disorders that are abusive to self or others or are disruptive in a group setting unless the Center has the capacity, including qualified staff to adequately and appropriately manage these problems.
6. Are exhibiting acute psychiatric symptoms that cannot be accommodated at the Center.
7. Demand individual attention throughout the day rather than function within available staff/participant ratios.
The cost to attend a half day(0-4hours) is $45.85, full day(4-8 hours) is $62.45, and Extended Day(8+ Hours) is $74.00. The cost includes meals, transportation through Johnson County SEATS, programming, and other services at the center. Pathways does offer a sliding contribution scale for those participants that do not qualify for third party reimbursement and are unable to afford the full fee listed below. Please contact the director for individual pricing. Methods of payments accepted
Long-term care insurance company
Private payCashCheckCredit Card
Waiver programHealth and Disability (HD)ElderlyIntellectual Disabilities (ID)AIDS/HIVBrain Injury (BI)Reduced Rate Accepted?
-Accepted Insurance Types
Long Term Care Insurance- most list Adult Day as a benefitCertifications / Credentials
CARF Accredited and DIA certifiedInsured
YesThis page was last updated by the provider on 10/5/2016