Description of Organization and Service Provided
55+ RSVP Initiatives
RSVP is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and better. It is a federal program under Senior Corps, which is part of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- Housed locally by United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties
- The United Way 55+ RSVP Program serves 3 counties - Johnson, Muscatine, and Des Moines
- Engages community members 55+ in meaningful volunteer opportunities to meet community needs that benefit citizens of all ages as well as enrich the life of the volunteer.
- You can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years, or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within your community.
- Reading Buddies
- Medical Transportation Program
- Pen Pals
- Disaster Services
- Special Projects
Volunteer Stations - a public agency, private non-profit organization, or proprietary health-care agency that 55+ RSVP partners with for both special events and for on-going needs. Our volunteers assist our partners in many ways, such as: food pantry assistants, delivering meals, literacy volunteers, medical transportation drivers, cleaning of medical equipment, clerical assistants and much more.
- ALS Association
- Bur Oak Land Trust
- CommUnity Food Bank
- Coralville Food Pantry
- Crowded Closet
- Horizons - Meals On Wheels
- Iowa City Community School District
- Iowa City Police Department
- Iowa City VA
- Johnson County Small Claims Mediation
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- U of IA College of Nursing - Volunteer Patients
- U of IA Carver College of Medicine - Volunteer Patients
- Visiting Nurse Association
Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering or if you would like to become a community partner!Eligibility
Anyone age 55 years and better - retired or workingCost of Service
There is no cost to participate in the 55+ RSVP programMethods of payments accepted
-Reduced Rate Accepted?
Supplemental Insurance provided while volunteeringAccepted Insurance Types
naCertifications / Credentials
YesThis page was last updated by the provider on 10/21/2019