Description of Organization and Service Provided
For many people, their primary care physician is their most important health care resource. And Mercy's medical staff offers many primary care physicians for different needs and preferences:
- Family practice doctors care for individuals of all ages and often care for several members of the same family.
- Pediatricians specialize in the care of children under the age of 18.
- Internal medicine doctors, or internists, specialize in the care of adults, age 18 and over.
- Obstetricians/gynecologists specialize in health care for women, particularly in reproductive health and pregnancy.
If you would like a nurse to help you make an appointment with a Mercy doctor, call Mercy On Call at 358-2767 or 800-358-2767, or visit our physician directory.
Cancer Care: Mercy's oncology program has been recognized by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as offering high-quality cancer care. Only one in four hospitals that treat cancer receive this special approval.
Heart and Vascular Care: With its team of highly skilled professionals and state-of-the-art facilities, Mercy Iowa City offers complete heart and vascular care services.
Orthopedics: From sports medicine to total joint replacement Mercy and its medical staff offer a complete range of orthopedic services for people of all ages. These services include:
- Emergency trauma care
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery, including ligament and tendon repair, fracture repair, total joint replacement, reconstructive surgery, hand surgery, and spinal surgery
- Treatment for cumulative trauma disorders and back, shoulder, and neck injuries
- Pain management
- Rehabilitation services; including physical and occupational therapy, provided by Progressive Rehabilitation Associates, LLC
- Acute care nursing
- 16-bed skilled nursing facility for long-term recovery
- Home care options
- Patient and family education
Emergency Care: Mercy's Emergency Care Unit is ready 24 hours a day to handle emergencies large and small.
The unit is staffed by physicians and RNs and is recognized as a Level III trauma unit.
Organ and Tissue Donation: Can save or improve the quality of life for people who suffer from organ failure, bone defects, burns, or blindness. This is a very personal choice and certified designated requestors along with pastoral care are available 24 hours to assist in the even that such a decision needs to be made. Mercy Hospital maintains a close relationship with the Iowa Donor Network.
Guest Lodging: Mercy offers private guest rooms for those that need to stay near the hospital and do not need nursing care. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are located on the third floor of Mercy North. The accommodations include two twin beds, television, telephone, and private bath with shower. A lounge and kitchenette for the use of all guests is also available. The cost is $25 per night. For more information, call Volunteer Services at 319-339-3659.Eligibility
allCost of Service
variesMethods of payments accepted
-Reduced Rate Accepted?
-Accepted Insurance Types
-Certifications / Credentials
-This page was last updated by the provider on 9/19/2012