Older Americans Month :: Engage at Every Age :: May 2018
North Liberty's Older Americans Month Activities
May 2018 is Older Americans Month. In celebration, the City of North Liberty has organized a month of special programming for area seniors (age 55+) and retired folk.
TUESDAYS IN MAY 2018
Lunch Brunch ($), 11:30am–1pm
On Tuesdays, gather with your fellow seniors at local restaurants for a group lunch and socialization! Please be prepared to pay for your own meal.
- Tuesday, May 1: Jimmy Jacks Rib Shack (745 Community Drive)
- Tuesday, May 8: Red’s Alehouse (405 North Dubuque Street)
- Tuesday, May 15: Adelita’s Mexican Restaurant (555 Ranshaw Way)
- Tuesday, May 22: Mirabitos Italian Restaurant (40 Sugar Creek Lane)
- Tuesday, May 29: Bluebird Cafe (650 West Cherry Street)
WEDNESDAYS IN MAY 2018
Popcorn & Activities ($), 1pm–2:30pm
On Wednesdays, join us for a free activity and popcorn snack each afternoon!
- Wednesday, May 2: Technology & Social Media Help (North Liberty Community Library – meeting room)
- Wednesday, May 9: BeMoved Fitness Class (Nortph Liberty Community Center – second floor aerobics room)
- Wednesday, May 16: Memory games (North Liberty Community Center – main floor classroom)
- Wednesday, May 23: Presentation from Iowa City senior Chuck Felling on “Volunteering as a Senior” (North Liberty Community Library – meeting room)
- Wednesday, May 30: BYOBook (Bring Your Own Book) to chat about! (North Liberty Community Library)
- Get more info 319-626-5716 or