The Livable Community Caregiving Committee addresses the shortage of caregivers who provide basic care in the home, including both formal caregivers (certified nursing assistants, certified medication aides, restorative aides, homemaker health aides) and informal caregivers (non-certified aides, spouses, children, grandchildren, neighbors).
We are seeking others interested in creating ideas and solutions to help solve the caregiver shortage:
- Individuals interested or employed as a caregiver in an assisted living or nursing facility.
- People interested in the care of individuals requiring assistance on a regular basis.
- Directors of agencies providing care to individuals on a regular basis who have found or are looking for solutions to finding and hiring caregivers.
- Community college instructors, family members, etc.
All are welcome! If you are interested in joining the Caregiving Committee, please join us for a meeting, or email Maria Donohoe email@example.com.
Monday, April 2, 2018,
2:30pm, Room 202A, Johnson County Health & Human Services Building
2018 JCLC Caregiving Committee meetings
Meeting dates, times, locations are subject to change without notice – confirm details with the committee chair. The group typically meets the first MONDAY of each month at 2:30pm in Room 202A of the Johnson County Health & Human Services Building, 855 S. Dubuque Street, Iowa City.
- March 5, 2018
- April 2, 2018
- May 7, 2018
- June 4, 2018
- July 2, 2018
- August 6, 2018
- September 3, 2018 [Labor Day] meeting date TBD
- October 1, 2018
- November 5, 2018
- December 3, 2018
Questions or to confirm current meeting dates and times, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Chair, Maria Donohoe (email@example.com)