The Livable Community Policy Board serves as a unifying advisory structure that brings together common interests and collective resources to foster efforts to build and sustain a livable community for successful aging. The JCLC Policy Board’s efforts occur through a network of Action Teams, Board Committees, and with the assistance of a part-time Administrative Specialist. Budgetary support is provided by the Board of Supervisors, and fiscal agent tasks are administered by Johnson County Social Services.
Policy Board meetings are open to the public and are held bimonthly, on the second Tuesday from 2:30pm to 4:00pm (February, April, June, August, October, December) in the Johnson County Health & Human Services Building located at 855 S. Dubuque St., Iowa City, second floor conference room. (To confirm current meeting date and time, email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Minutes and agendas can be viewed online, or sign up to receive emails as documents are posted.
Members (view current Policy Board members)
Policy Board members are appointed for three-year terms by the Johnson County Board of Supervisors through the County’s application process. The Policy Board consists of no less than 10 and no more than 16 members: at least 2 and up to 3 representatives of Johnson County government, including one member of the Board of Supervisors; at least 4 and up to 7 individuals who are affiliated with organizations or other governmental bodies working on issues of aging or livable communities in Johnson County; at least 3 and up to 6 members who are residents of Johnson County and serve in an at-large capacity, with at least 2 members residing outside of the urbanized area. Apply to be on JCLC's Policy Board: Download an application and return it to the Johnson County Board of Supervisors, 913 South Dubuque Street, Suite 201, Iowa City for consideration when there are openings. View current volunteer opportunities.
- Attendance at Policy Board meetings
- Adherence to Iowa Open Meeting Laws
- Provide financial oversight in support of the mission “to help Johnson County become a more livable community where everyone can age successfully”
- Encourage and support collaborative efforts of governmental units, businesses, non-profit groups, and individuals who align with the JCLC mission
- Support the work of the Action Teams and Policy Board Committees
- Oversee and report implementation of the strategic plan.
- Duties of the Policy Board