Johnson County is a livable community that offers:
- health and supportive services
- transportation and mobility options
- affordable and appropriate housing
- community and economic development
- cultural, volunteer, life-long learning and employment opportunities and
- public safety
Together these attributes facilitate personal independence and the engagement of residents in civic and social life.
A livable community is where everyone can age successfully, which is defined as living as vital a life as possible with the opportunity to flourish in the community. Successful aging is characterized by:
- supportive relationships with family and friends
- optimal mental and physical health
- community involvement
- new learning experiences
- a sense of purpose and meaning of life
The JCLC Strategic Plan outlines a three-year plan of action, goals, objectives and activities to help residents maintain an independent life as they age.
What is available to help me stay in my home?
What are my options when I can no longer stay in my home?
Action Teams and Committees
Sign up for our newsletter